USGBC-LA Building Performance Partnership
USGBC-LA Building Performance Partners
WHAT IS BPP?
USGBC's Building Performance Partnership (BPP) is a comprehensive data collection and analysis infrastructure that receives data from LEED-certified projects, both commercial and residential. It is the next step for projects that want to continue to monitor, understand and improve their building's performance. LEED addresses the potential of a building; the Building Performance Partnership is geared towards giving owners and occupants the tools and information to help that building perform at its highest potential.
Once enrolled, projects share their energy and water usage data with USGBC through either ENERGY STAR's Portfolio Manager for commercial projects or MyEnergy, formerly EarthAid, for residential projects. USGBC's BPP participants are eligible for annual performance reports, report cards and real-time data interfaces to aid in their building performance goals. Together, USGBC and BPP participants will transform the way the world views building operations.
GOALS OF BPP
- BPP seeks to establish a culture of awareness amongst building owners and occupants where, based on performance data, benchmarks for sustainability are set and achieved continuously.
- The information received from projects will be compiled in the world's first green building performance database.
- As the program grows, BPP data will contribute to the evolution of the LEED rating systems.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
Participation in BPP is for any LEED D&C, O&M or Residential certified project, regardless of rating system version. USGBC is working on ways to include LEED project types.
BENEFITS OF BEING A BUILDING PERFORMANCE PARTNER
- Understand your building’s operations. You can’t improve what you can’t measure. Building Performance Partners will receive annual performance reports about their green building projects with the opportunity to use real-time, web-based data portals.
- See how you compare. In addition to your building’s actual performance data, BPP Reports will include information on predicted performance from your LEED certification and aggregated performance data of similar projects, providing benchmarks to measure your progress against.
- Drive the development of LEED. Data collected through BPP will used to inform the ongoing development of the LEED program, giving the green building community insights on performance that will redefine our expectations for high-performance buildings.
- HOW BPP DATA WILL BE USED
- BPP data is secure, anonymous and intended solely for improving performance – both of your building and our entire building stock. Data received through BPP will be used in aggregate comparisons and masked analyses, unless Building Performance Partners choose to fully disclose their performance information. Participation in BPP is voluntary.
SHARE YOUR ENERGY STAR DATA IN 5 SIMPLE STEPS!
TO SHARE FACILITY DATA, COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING
Log into Portfolio Manager and go to Home > My Portfolio. Click on the “Share Facilities” link under “Work with Facilities.”
- STEP 1: There are two options for sharing with our account: (1) Enter “USGBC – LEED Performance Reporting” in the field to the right of “Enter Portfolio Manager Username” and click “Add and Modify”, or (2) under “Select a Portfolio Manager Master Account,” select “USGBC – LEED Performance Reporting” and click “Add and Modify.”
- STEP 2: Select the access rights being granted to the USGBC master account. Project teams must provide USGBC with the Read Only access role. Click “Yes” to the question “Can this user provide access to the shared facilities with other users?”
- STEP 3: Specify a group that directly corresponds with your LEED registered Project. If you are participating in the Building Performance Partnership please select the rating system under which your building is certified followed by “BPP” (e.g. EBOM – BPP) If you are sharing energy and water data to meet Minimum Program Requirement 6, select the rating system under which your building is certified followed by “MPR6” (e.g. NC-MPR6) Click “Continue.”
- STEP 4: Select the LEED project facility whose data you wish to share from the list of facilities in your account and click “Continue.”
- STEP 5: Review the confirmation page and click “Save.” You will be notified by e-mail when USGBC accepts the data you shared into its master account.
USGBC-LA WILL RECOGNIZE YOU AS A BUILDING PERFORMANCE PARTNER!
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT DATA TO THE CHAPTER
In order to showcase your project on the USGBC-LA Chapter website please e-mail our Building Performance Partnership Coordinator to request a Project Profile Template. You will be requested to show proof of enrollment. The chapter will profile your company on our website and major chapter events. We will also showcase one of your Project Profiles above at the chapter website. To have your Project Profile displayed please submit a PDF version of the completed template to the contact info listed below.
444 S Flower St. Suite 525
LA CA 90071 | 213-689-9707
Neil Smolen, Building Performance Partnership Coordinator
Katy Robinson, Director of Operations