To positively impact the lives of emeriging professionals by providing adult support and learning opportunitties that promote character development and life enhancing values through exposure to embedded members of the sustainability movement.
Our Mission and Vision:
By providing emerging professionals with consistent, diversely qualified mentors, the program aims for mentees to learn life skills and develope core professional values.This will help help accelarate their professional development through exposure to green building leaders and the industry leaders in general. Mentors will learn how to use teachable moments to illustrate these values and help nurture emerging professionals.
This mentorship program supports one or more of the primary functions of USGBC-LA Emerging Professionals. The goals of this mentoring program include:
- Stregthen local green building networking
- Accelarate the professional development of members of the USGBC-LA
- One-to-one mentoring
- Group Activities
- Training and development
- Mentors and Mentees must complete program binding agreement
- The pairs will meet informaly atleast once a month inorder to successfully complete this program. The minimum duration of each session must be one hour
- Additional meetings can include substantial emails, phone or video converstaions
- Mentors and mentee must provide initial, midterm and post program feedback
- Meetings are to take place at locations mutually convenient to both mentor and mentee, typically in the LA County
- Mentor and mentee should schedule their next session towards the end of each session
- Each session should end with a task that the mentee will commit to completing before the next meeting. The task should be aligned with the mentee's goals
- Mentee should send the mentor a reminder a couple days before a scheduled session. If the mentor deos not receive this reminder, the mentor should confirm with the mentee and remind the mentee that its a good practice to confirm meetings that have been scheduled 2 weeks in advance
- If either the mentor or mentee needs to cancel a session, he or she must inform the other person with as much notice as possible. The person canceling should propose an alternate time to reschedule the cancelled session.
Click the following link for access to our Mentoring Application Form.
Click the following link for information about our 2011 Fall Mentoring Program!